Saturday, April 23, 2005

So, I'm at work on a Saturday night, Operations Watch, I man the phones in case of an emergency. Let's hope I don't panic. Just goes to show that I'd rather be here than out there, in a bar somewhere with friends, drinking expensive lemonade. Though, I don't always pay for my drink when we go out (I'm designated driver), I enjoy bar-hopping more with Francis. It's all small talk and drinking, anyway.

I'm watching House of Flying Daggers. I am totally in love with Jin- chinky and handsome- that's the way I like 'em. Haha.

I totally forgot about dinner. For the first time, ever, I wasn't thinking about food. I walked around Melrose and decided to have lunch at Costco before I did the grocery shopping. Francis suggested I microwave the corned beef I bought for dinner. By that time, I had already eaten two dinky bags of chips and M&Ms. Ick.

As I sit here, I realize that I have a Saturday night all to myself. I can actually relax and watch the movie or read Harry Potter Year Five. But I don't. I don't know how to sit still, except for when it's cold. There is always something that needs to be done. Multi-tasking has become my habit. I have to think and watch and type. I have to read and analyze and ponder. I procrastinate getting up for a drink of water. I think of what I'm supposed to do tomorrow.

Anyway, Jin and the girl are starting to do it on the forest floor. This, I don't get. How can you do it with leaves poking your ass and insects biting your inner thighs?

I'm due for another potty break and I'm seeing things in the corner of the room.

I'm not scared. I'm not scared. I'm not scared.

Fuckity fuck fuck. Who's idea was it to give me the late shift, anyway?

No comments: