Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Holidays and then some

So, the holidays were great. Two weeks of snow and family gatherings, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. I left with swollen eyes because I cried so much the night before. I came back on the 4th of January as planned but fell ill the next day. I guess it was a lot. I was tired from my vacation.

On January 7, we drove to Vegas and got married. Really. This is a true story. We had been contemplating it, since the plan was for him to start school this Spring. The wedding was great, short and sweet, but he ended up going home and will be starting school in the summer. We're now focused on the big celebration in the Philippines, which has, inevitably, been the subject of my energy and worry. I'm glad, though, that I have family and friends who have extended their support and assistance. It's not as comforting, though. Somehow, the thought of asking other people do my legwork doesn't feel right. I'm helples and 16,000 miles away (I think).

Anyway, amidst this chaos that is my wedding preparation, I try to remember how much this will all be worth it. Really. I try.

No comments: