Wednesday, February 25, 2004

The best friend syndrome

Ok, so I went to the gym twice this week, which is good. Why didn’t I think of using shopping as motivation before. I’ve always felt that everything was impossible. That I couldn’t save, that I couldn’t make time, that I couldn’t do the things that I wanted to do. There was always some kind of excuse for something. My outlook has changed completely and I am different now.

Random thoughts

My take on:

FH and MN
They both need to grow. Better done when apart. Maybe someday their paths might cross.

Being single
Always a blessing.

The grocery strike
This is really selfish of me, but I want that thing to be done and over with. I need to buy food for my family and it’s a pain in the ass to shop at Ralph’s. I don’t support their issue nor am I against it. The only reason I don’t cross the picket line is that they always have something to say. I’ve always believed that when groups of people get together to fight for a cause, then it is of much concern to them, it is close to their hearts. Be it right or wrong, I don’t know what it feels like to be in their place and experience the same hardship. And I pray that I never will. However, I figure it’ll be easier for them if I shop somewhere else.

Sometimes:
I wonder if the next guy I meet is the one. When I walk into the grocery store in my biker shorts and large t-shirt, I wonder if I’ll meet him in the frozen food section. Will he be the barista who mixes up my order and forgets that I want non-fat milk? Or is he a neighbor? I don’t see me being with someone who is already in my life. But since my awakening from that looooong sleep, everything seems possible. Though there isn’t anyone I would ever consider someone possible, I can’t say that it won’t happen for sure. I have acquired the bitter taste of eating my words, so best to keep my conclusions to myself.

I was also thinking about the fact that I have so many guy buddies and none of them are prospects. I, too, am no prospect to any of them. This is weird because there is nothing wrong, at all, with my guy buds. And they all say that whoever wins my heart is going to be very lucky. They know this, I have yet to confirm this, but why haven’t they acted on it. Have I turned into the eternal best friend? Is that what I am doomed to be? Forever?

Time to rest…

No comments: