Friday, August 13, 2004

Trying to change

Ok, so I'm running around on a Friday trying to get everything processed. I've been doing pretty well taking care of the crap on my desk, i.e. getting rid of paper, processing documents, following up work, but every time I turn around to ask a question, more crap is added to the pile. I have a pretty huge desk that I have not seen in the past 3 weeks.

Fortunately, my silent complaints about database and processing have reaped somewhat a few benefits. Management, Dave tells me, is quite impressed with the database that we set up to track our docs, so, he's going to treat me to lunch next week for the great work we've done. We're going to Islands. I love the veggie burgers there.

Anyway, I put in about 6 applications for different sites, all with the same company. Not that I don't like it here, I just need to move forward. Two of the 6 applications are for inter-department moves, and one of the managers showed me that he received my application already. I shrugged and smiled and walked away very fast. I was kind of embarrassed as I had spoken to him about it the week before and he asked me what my bosses would do without me. I really don't know. Hire someone else, maybe? (But not until I get the job, of course.)

And I want that house. Waiting for a response after making that offer is making me antsy.

I am hyper today.

No comments: