Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Indispensible

Ok, so I woke up at 5 this morning.  This sudden time-change is doing willies for my not-coming-to-work-on-time thing.  The Boy Friend and I have only spoken a total of 2 1/2 hours since he got back, and he's been home for 3 days.  That's not much talkin', if you ask me.  So the weirdest thing is that we have to chat online during the day just to catch up and it feels like I'm not even talking to him.  I mean the REAL him.  It's so different when I hear his voice on the phone.  As cruddy as his new work sched is, he gets to visit me on the weekends instead of in the middle of the week, which helps me, too, because I don't have to take too many days off.  Boss1 might have a fit because I'm in love with a Canadian, which results in days off because I absolutely will not work while he pines (hehe) for me at home whenever he comes down to visit me.  Boss2 told me that when I was gone on Friday there were questions no one could answer except for me.  I told him I was only gone for a day.  "A day is too long," he says.  I think that is sweet, how every so often, they make me feel indispensible.  And how intrigued they are about this guy I'm actually taking time off for.  That the person they always considered a little girl actually has a Boy Friend and not some screensaver of Owen Wilson in Starsky & Hutch that comes on when I take smoke breaks.  I told Boss1 that Owen was my boy friend once, and he almost cracked up.  Instead, he just smirked, said "oh," and walked back into his office.

No comments: