Friday, July 16, 2004

Next week

I had lunch today with Qball.  I want to hurl.  I ate too much.  The food was good, but I've been adding salt to most of my meals lately.  I recently went back to the gym, because I'm starting to look like a marshmallow again.  I actually like it and look forward to it everyday now. 
 
Yesterday, I was talking to Francis while on the treadmill and I damn-near fell off.  He might be able to come visit next week, which is great.  I guess we'll somehow find a way to do this commute thing, trying to bridge the distance.  It's an effort well-worth taking.  While being stuck at the train yesterday afternoon, a co-worker of mine told me, "I was thinking of getting a good inexpensive car, but I figured, it's time for me to get something I deserve.  I look back and I don't regret it.  Sometimes, saving money isn't worth much when you lose something else in the end."  Something to that extent.  It was all pretty fragmented, but that's what he meant.  So, even if this is going to get somehow expensive, minus the phone calls because I have a really good Canada Unlimited plan, I won't miss the money as much as I miss him everyday.  And my dear friends tell me I deserve him (contrary to my personal belief).
 
This all seems pretty effortless, not until we start thinking about it, or he starts to worry.  I'm pretty calm, which has led my friends to believe that I am currently taking medication.  I am usually the one who freaks out and over-analyzes everything.  Funny, but I don't find the need nor the urge to do that anymore.
 
-----------
 
It's Friday afternoon and I'm stuck at work.  Stuck because I woke up late, got here late, all because I was fidgeting with my new phone last night.

No comments: