Friday, March 05, 2004

Changing my mind

Ok, so I changed my mind. I decided that since today is Friday, I shouldn't allow myself to go home stressed. I know how much trouble I would encounter just by telling them I no longer want to study at the University. Too much action for a Friday afternoon. I also figured that it would take forever to get home from the 110. Blah blah blah...and on and on I went as I automatically turned onto Navy Way and headed towards downtown Long Beach. I didn't notice that I was headed home until I hit Ocean Ave., where the sun's reflection and dusk meet at 5 p.m.

Instead, I took my lazy ass to the gym. I decided not to think about it anymore than I should, lest I give myself new excuses not to go (i.e. today is Friday, etc. etc.). The trip home wasn't so bad; I had Incubus' new album blasting in the car. I was generally relaxed, except for when this guy who flicked me off for honking the horn when the dumbass cut in front of me as I was entering the 405/22. Bastard! I so wanted to stick my fat middle finger out till he was angry with rage, but decided that it was not proper for an educated young woman to stick up the middle finger because he wouldn't be able to hear the words "Fuck off!" (unless I mouthed them right). I stayed calm and decided not to vent.

After the gym, I had dinner with Kulot at Don something. I stuffed myself again (because today is Friday) and bought mint ice cream at Alberston's (I'm so glad the strike is over).

This is what I call a good Friday night: sitting in front my laptop, eating my Andes mint ice cream (with "smooth mint chips") and waiting for "Monk".

TGodIF.

No comments: