Monday, March 29, 2004

The weekend

Ok, so, the past two days, I was busy (being a sloth). I took Mom shopping and ended up spending loads on myself. That ain't too bad. I need the stuff anyway.

On to more mundane things:

I dreamt about LL's family this weekend, which was probably a premonition of the e-mail that I received from him today. I've forwarded it already, but I still have it in my inbox. I'm keeping it there for a while, because he hasn't e-mailed me in so long and I like seeing his name. No, I don't love him anymore. No, I don't miss him. And even if I did, I wouldn't admit it. So, shoot me!

I took Ulan and Ani out on Saturday. They're both in the same boat, both broken-hearted. We were having a pretty good dinner, discussing the intricacies of broken-down relationships, when Ulan's cousin called. She suggested that she should stay at the party that her roommates were having for at least 30 minutes. Lo' and behol', her ex-boy friend was there, too.

I was brutally frank. I think I almost made Ulan cry. She was quiet while I berated her for being a dumbass. She took deep breaths, while I went on and on about how he didn't care anymore and that she should stop living the illusion that one day he'll come back.

It wasn't mean of me, I'm sure. There is no room left for the common consoling, mushy, hopeful words and all. I had to put it down hard. She needs to be reminded of her worth, that she can live without him. I gave her everything I learned in four years in one brash speech.

The truth is, when it comes to love, no one ever learns from others. We must go through it to find the way out. Sometimes, though, when we're free, it's never what we thought it would be.

No comments: