Monday, April 12, 2004

Einie

I call him, Einie, my genius friend, short for Einstein, of course. That is the best nickname to do him justice. I've known him since my senior year in high school. There are people we meet that aren't really people. They are really souls that touch our lives. I don't know why we've kept in touch for so long, minus the calls and the get-togethers. This is possible, you know, to be in touch in mind and in heart without the limitations of the human senses.

Einie taught me Physics and several life lessons. He is with great mind and good heart. (So, I cannot be blamed for being selfish with his friendship. I often keep our conversations to myself.) These are the things I have brought with me through this so-called journey.

We talked today, long-distance of course. He still laughs the same and has the same expressions. After five minutes of blaming each other for not keeping in touch, he imparted several reminders that I live by:

1. Be glad that you are where you are.
2. There is no rushing life, everything falls into place in its own time.
3. Be thankful to the good Lord for every moment.

And with this, I am content.

I can't wait till we see each other again.
There are so many things to remember and definitely nothing to regret.

No comments: