Tuesday, April 13, 2004

The phone call

Tonight, while having wine with Mom, I received four phone calls. Four! 4! Quatro! Apat! That's a lot for my age. I'm not really excited about calls anymore, unless my friends are in dire need of help. I am no longer the teenager with whom one could carry on a five-hour conversation with. I have lost the patience for that.

However, tonight was different. I don't know if I was just buzzed or God told them to remind me that I have friends. One call was from my Auntie, who, by the way, scared me shitless with her why-don't-you-have-a-boy-friend-I-pity-you-You-will-be-an-old-maid-soon speech. I digress.

The last call was from CB. Testing the waters, eh? (Mom said that. I think Mom was buzzed, too.) It was a hollow conversation, I hate to admit. There is nothing left. He responded too late. Ugh...

And the chapter ends there.

No comments: