Thursday, May 27, 2004

My job

My job is ok. It's not exactly self-fulfilling, but it's a job. I have been asked by three people if I am willing to take on the responsibility(ies) of supporting another department.

After my discussion with Es yesterday, I have decided that I will not go beyond ordering office supplies unless I am paid for supporting two departments. I will not admistrate anything unless I get an increase. I am not money-hungry, I am just smart. I was actually considering taking on the second job with no qualms, but my smarter self realized that I'm going to be short-changed. There is no way I will add ten more employees under my belt without being paid extra. I get along with most of the people in the other department, but additional job responsibilities warrants additional $$$. The question is would they rather pay me a few extra $$$, or would they hire another adiministrator for twice as much as my increase?

I hope they are smart.

No comments: