Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Thoughts I remember thinking while I was driving home

=Our parents taught us bribery. E.g. If you do ______, I'll give you ______.

=Maybe means No.

=There is a difference between having everything and being everything.

=We will always be nicer to our friends than our family, with a few exceptions.

=I am my worst enemy.

=Expectation breeds contempt.

=I hate pink.

=But I look good in pink (or so I think, or, maybe, I look like cotton candy).

=Male and Female are not the same; they are not equal, either. Admit it. One will always be somewhat above the other.

=Getting your first car and your driver's license doesn't mean that you can haul ass everywhere, any time you choose.

=Freedom is different when you're 20-something. I realized that I had more freedom in high school and college, i.e. freedom to sneak out, freedom to be irresponsible. Now that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, there is nothing I want to do.

=Apathy and Laziness are one and the same.

=There is a difference between being fearful and being a coward. I don't know what exactly, but there is.

=There is such a thing as a Quarter-life Crisis.

=When you love someone and he screws you over and you promise to be smarter the next time around, you've pretty much set yourself up for "Single Blessedness" the rest of your life. Being smarter after a blow to the head and a punch in the tummy does not exist.

=Being intelligent does not guarantee less heartache. Smart people over-analyze themselves into confusion.

=Patience is not a virtue; it is a skill.

=A veggie burger with ground beef chili balance each other out.

=First loves do die (not literally, of course, but don't we sometimes wish?).

=Ghosts do exist. They are also known as memories, and they will haunt you every now and again.

=I have over -ty pairs of shoes, but there are still things in my closet that don't have shoes to match.

=Promises breed expectation.

=I give great advice, but I never take it.

=Most men do not understand the concept of dropping hints.

=Most men will mistake friendliness and care with "she smiled at me and touched my arm, therefore, she wants to jump my bones."

=Women tend to forget the fact stated above and still become angry when men respond to the former's so-called "advances."

=Bed time is when your eyes get droopy because of fatigue and you commence slurring, like this, "I thing am shlippy."

No comments: